Canada is one of the finest nations for the skilled immigrants. The robust economy, numerous employment opportunities, world class education facilities and high living standard of Canada has been magnetized the skilled individuals of different trade to immigrate this country. Every year millions of foreign skilled immigrants have been coming to Canada for the purpose of the study, business, and employment. The permanent resident of Canada allows the foreign nationals to live, study and work in Canada without any restrictions and getting the government facilities like a citizen without really being one.
- The applicant can obtain the permanent resident of Canada by several programs. The programs are
- Express entry
- Federal skilled trades program
- Federal skilled worker
- Experience class of Canada
- PNP programs
- The Investors entrepreneurs and self-employed programs
- Family sponsorship
- Quebec skilled worker program
- Live in caregiver visa
These are the categories under which the applicant can able to apply for the PR status of Canada.
Benefits of Canadian PR
- After getting the permanent resident the foreign national can able to obtain numerous benefits from the government of Canada. The major benefits are listed below.
- The PR holder can reside in Canada indefinitely. There is no more restriction on him after the Permanent resident is granted.
- The person can study in any of the educational institutions of Canada without having a student visa and can travel to any corner of the country at any moment.
- The PR holder can able to get the government subsidized health care, education and other social benefits like a Canadian citizen.
- The person is protected under the rules and regulations of Canadian charter of rights and freedoms.
After the initial years of stay in Canada, the PR holder can apply for the Canadian citizenship.
The permanent resident of Canada doesn’t have any voting rights and needs the security clearance for any kind of employment. These two facilities are the deviation between a PR holder and a citizen of a Canada.